Sunday, January 13, 2008

Vegetarian food in Chiang Mai

I was in Chiang Mai Dec 06.

The lonely planet has a good list of vegetarian restaurants in Chiang Mai.

I walked around the old city within the moat quite a bit and saw quite a number of local vegetarian restuarants/stalls and ate at some of them. The only problem is I can't speak Thai and they can't speak English. So most of the time I end up pointing at the available food on display.

My favorite, however, is the stall at the food court of the Central Airport Plaza. If you are shopping at the plaza, go to the basement food court. There is a vegetarian stall there. The food is good and cheap. If I am not wrong, it was run by the Asoke foundation which runs a few other vegetarian stalls as well.

I had Tom Yam noddles, and rice with dishes as well. All for just a few Singapore dollars. It was a very satisfying meal.

No comments: