Friday, January 1, 2010

Backpacking in Thailand - 29 Dec 09

Day 11 - Home Sweet Home

We checked out in the morning and got to the airport to find the that the flight was rescheduled (from 11:30am to 1pm) and was annoyed that the airline did not try to notify us (we could have slept a bit more of have a proper breakfast before rushing to the airport).

It was an uneventful journey back home. It's good to be home!

We did a calculation on the total costs. The basic travelling costs (transport, accommodation, food, entrance fees, groceries; excluding personal shopping and entertainment) worked out to be S$30 per person per day! For 11 days, that worked out to be $330. The air ticket was $280. So the total costs for the trip is only $600!

That's about the same as the cost for my 10 day backpacking in Thailand 5 years ago. I thought inflation would have brought up the costs, but it's still as cheap!

But of course, I did spend more if I included my personal shopping. I spent about $100 at Wat Rong Khun, $50 on DVDs, about $150 on clothes and some small amounts on gifts and donations. The total expenditure is less than S$1000 including shopping.

Anyway, it was a thoroughly enjoyable trip, although quite tiring (mostly due to inadequate sleep). My travelling companions were great. Thank you Sheung, Willy, Eileena and Yvonne: for the birthday present and the companionship during the trip!

For me, the most enjoyable part was the excursion to the Sunflower fields near Lopburi and the day trip to Wat Rong Khun.

I look forward to another enjoyable trip again soon!

No comments: