Saturday, September 22, 2007

Posters for People with stories












I just came up with a new publicity poster for the PPC event People with Stories. I was trying to decide what would capture people's attention, and finally decided on putting in a hunk.

The first poster was a graphic of a guitar. I thought that was too dull, and never used it.

The second one I came up with was the one with a boy and a fox. I like that one. But I wonder if people recognize the boy and the fox or not. I guess those who recognize it may understand why I thought it is appropriate to the theme of the event.

However, it appears that the blurp was too vague. Apparently people did not know what it was about. The poster is probably a bit too cartoonish. Not attention catching enough I guess.

The response for the event had been wanting. I decided it was time to revamp the poster. I was thinking about what who catch people's attention, especially if the poster is on a webpage like Fridae. Finally, I decided a hunk who probably do the trick.

It took me a couple of days to do this one. But I am quite satisfied with the effect. My concern is that it may be too male centric and may not bring in the girls. I bounced it off others, and indeed the comment was that it is probably going to be alienating to the girls.

So in the end, I use back the boy and fox picture.

By the way, for those who recognize it, the picture is modelled after the Korean hunk Bak Jeong Su (boy, he's really hot!)

No comments: