Friday, February 15, 2008

Going in circles

Someone left a comment on my post "Who did I leave behind?":

"A man would know the end he goes to, but he cannot know it if he does not turn, and return to his beginning, and hold that beginning in his being. If he would not be a stick whirled and whelmed in the stream, he must be the stream itself, all of it, from its spring to its sinking in the sea.

Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on an empty sky."

- Ursula Le Guin, The Earthsea Trilogy

That made me want to read the book again. So I searched for my copy of The Earthsea Quartet.

But I could not find it on my shelves. Then I vaguely recalled that I might have sold it at some flea market.

So, we keep going in circles. Leaving behind things only to come back and look for them again.

No comments: