Friday, April 5, 2013

Vegetarian in Taipei - Korean Tofu Pot

The first time I tried Korean Tofu Pot was in the United States. It was really good and I remembered it. Unfortunately, I've not had a chance to try it again. I was not able to find any Korean vegetarian food.

In Singapore, there are a few eateries serving Korean vegetarian Bimbibap, but none serve vegetarian Tofu Pot.

In Ximending there are a few Korean restaurants. I happened to see that one of them had a vegetarian pot and had a try.

The restaurant is a chain called Jeju House of Tofu Pot (济州豆腐锅之家). There are 2 outlets in the Ximending area.

When I ordered the vegetarian pot, they check if I eat onion (many Chinese vegetarians do not take onion and garlic) and egg. I had a choice of udon or glass noodles (I choose glass noodle) with the pot and how spicy I want it.

I asked for the most spicy level, but it was not even mildly spicy by my standard.

The pot was no where nearly as good as the one I tried in the United States (or perhaps it was my memory). But it was quite good nonetheless.

This is another vegetarian option -- especially if you are travelling with non-vegetarians.

Each pot was only NT150. (About SGD$6.5)



It looked spicy, but is actually quite mild.


This is the shop front of the one at Ximending.




No comments: