Friday, April 5, 2013

Vegetarian in Taipei - Mos burger

Mos burger is not a vegetarian burger chain. But I was delighted to find that they have a vegetarian rice burger on their menu and it was very delicious.

It was oyster mushroom burger with rice patty. What was nice was that when I ordered it, the waitress asked if I mind that the potato wedges are deep fried in the same pot of oil as meat and thus may not be "pure vegetarian".

Vegan mushroom rice burger


The fillings is not a patty, but rather cooked mushrooms in sauces. The taste reminds me of the canned vegetarian "abalone" (gluten) we get in Singapore. I must say that it doesn't feel like you are eating a burger. It is more like eating a mushroom dish with rice. But it is quite tasty nonetheless and a good option when you don't see any vegetarian restaurant around.

Each burger is NT70 (about SGD$3)

One morning, I was looking for breakfast at the Taipei Main Station before a train ride out of town. I found a MOS burger outlet and thought I could have the mushroom burger again. But they were sold out. Instead, I was recommended an ovo-lacto burger. They had a burger with omelette, tomato and cheese.

The breakfast burger is a little small. But the burger plus drink was only NT60! (About S$2.50). It was quite good, though not very filling.

Ovo-lacto burger (tomatos, egg and cheese)

Thus, if you are having problem finding vegetarian places in Taipei (especially if you can't recognize the Chinese character for vegetarian), do check out the MOS burger chain.

No comments: