Tuesday, August 19, 2008

About me

I never quite figure out what to write under "About me" column in online profiles. Nothing ever seem right or accurate.

Yesterday, I had a stroke of inspiration and wrote something like this.

I'm not a sportsman, I'm just a weekend dragon boat paddler.
I'm not deeply religious, I'm just a Buddhist who tries not to neglect my spiritual development.
I'm not an artist, I just like to doodle a bit.
I'm not an environmentalist, I just try to reduce my carbon footprint when it does not inconvenience me too much.
I'm not an animal lover, I just try to respect life by not eating them.
I'm not a music maker, I just like to strum the guitar a little when I am seized by a sense of melancholy.
I'm not philosophical, I just think and speculate too much for my own good.
I'm not an avid backpacker, I just want to experience a bit of the world on a shoestring.
I'm not a translator, I'm just now learning to be one.
I'm not out and proud, I'm just a gay man trying to find my sense of well-being and exorcise my internal demons.
I'm not a hopeless romantic, I just yearn for a little physical and emotional closeness.
I'm not a hunk, I just hit the gym enough to be a wannabe.

At the end of it all, I am just a traveller in life and a paddler in the sea of samsara.

It is still not an accurate description of me and is not meant to be. It is just a little description of some of the things I do, some of the things I had been mistaken for and some of the things I hope to be. And it's just fun.

No comments: