Saturday, October 18, 2008

Finding the right temperature

Wow! Someone says I'm hot. Ahem!

It's from a stranger who's requesting to be added as a friend on Facebook. As I do not have the habit of adding people whom I don't know, I asked if I had meet him some where before and if not, why he's adding me. He says it's because he thought I'm hot.

Hmm....

That's a description I do not hear a lot, and up to just recent years, it's a word that was never used to describe me. My association with "hot" probably only started after I started doing dragon boat and slowly build up a little physique. It still feels a bit strange.

I have no illusions. I know I'm no head turner. But I guess I am hot in my own ways, probably in ways not necessarily physical too. However, now that perhaps I'm a little hot, did it matter?

A hot body would be nice and I won't deny that. But I realized that what is more important to me is this -- to have a warm heart and a cool head.

No comments: